FG2017 will host a demo session to give researchers the opportunity to showcase live demonstrations of their contributions. The demonstrations are intended to be interactive and display new algorithms, methods, technologies, and system prototypes. The demonstrations are not limited to papers being presented at the conference, although demonstration of work published at FG2017 or its workshops is encouraged. The primary requirement is that the topic of the demo falls within the broad context of face and gesture recognition.
Prospective demo participants should fill out a demo application form, as well as a one-page abstract. (See abstract requirements below). All submitted demos will be reviewed, and decisions will be based on the degree of quality and appropriateness for FG2017.
The demos will be included in the conference proceedings as one page abstracts, and will be considered for Best Demo Award, sponsored by FG2017.
At least one presenter for each demo must be registered for the conference. Demonstrations from academia, government, and industry are encouraged. However, the displays of commercial products can not be accepted as demos, but only as part of the exhibition program.
- Application deadline: December 15, 2016
- Acceptance notification: January 6, 2017
- Camera-ready demo description (one page): January 27, 2017
For further information about demos please contact FG2017 Demo & Exhibition chairs: Emily Mower Provost (email@example.com) or Laurel Riek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Abstract Requirements and Guidelines
Proposed demonstrations must submit an abstract which will be used by the co-chairs to judge suitability to the conference and program. The abstract must include:
- Demonstration title: If the demo is related to a paper submitted to the main FG17 conference, include the relevant paper ID.
- Authors (names, affiliation, email, address, etc).
- Abstract (max 100 words) and keywords.
- Description of the demo: include both a technical overview and an explanation of novelty, importance, and/or usefulness.
- A representative image: should be suitable for use on the conference web site and in other promotional materials. This image should be 400 x 400px.
Authors are allowed to submit a video clip to support your demonstration. The video files can be in .AVI, .MOV or .MP4 file formats. They should play on standard PC and Macintosh computers without requiring third party codecs to be installed. The file size should be less than 100 MB and should not exceed 5 minutes in length.